Subscribe to the forum by e-mail
E-mail address:

::General discussion front page
::Post new message

This is a general discussion forum about petanque. All issues may be discussed here.

Petanque in Thailand / BKK

Posted by: Ray Bond) at 2010-11-15 01:52:43
Posting has been displayed 3226 times

I am in BKK now november 2010 and looking to play some games of Petanque. Who can i contact? I have found a club at Pattaya but too far to go for a game each day.

Posted by: Komson Chanprapan) at 2010-11-21 00:57:49
Posting has been displayed 377 times

Chulalongkorn University have a petanque club. Which part are you in BKK anyway?

Posted by: Jostein Setsaas) at 2010-11-21 12:14:53
Posting has been displayed 1584 times

If a group of minimum 10 persons, we should have sent our mini buss, in order to pick them up. Thailand has a lot of student & millitary clubs. If up north, even foreigners will find a place to play, and in most villages.
Takin a look at petanque.org, it is only one International Club listed under Thailand, Petanque.Th , and in Pattaya. Our two fixed days a week, Wednesday & Saturday from 16 h. PM and until midnight. This said, the court is oppen for free, including bals, and for all who likes to play.- Can it be simpler than that? (Sorry, you have to pay for Soda, or beer!)

Posted by: Jerrill Bang-Afoe) at 2010-12-19 22:17:37
Posting has been displayed 1990 times

Hello Mr. J. Setsaas,

I am responding to your post hoping you are living in Thailand at this moment. I live in the netherlands.
I am visiting Thailand in the entire period march and april 2011 and was hoping to play Petanque over there. I was wondering if you know wer i could find a list of Petanque clubs throughout the whole of Thailand. Can you help me with this or point me out some website's. my other request is wheter you know were to buy the Thai made /brand " La Franc " boules in Bangkok. i know there produced by FBT but can't find any webshops on their website. I hope you can be of some assitance and foresee your response.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. J.Bang-Afoe

Posted by: Tom Mac) at 2011-03-27 16:40:37
Posting has been displayed 7816 times

When I was in BKK,I caught a Sky Train on Sunday to the station on this side of the Chou Pry river, where you catch the tourist ferries.

On one side of the station looking down towards a car park, I noticed a bunch of people playing Boules so I wandered over. The Thai guys saw that I was interested, so I was invited to play. They are good so don't underestimate them.

::General discussion front page
::Post new message

Petanque.org

The world wide petanque and boule community, by and for users.

Tweets by @PetanqueOrg Tweets about "petanque"