S-Sport, a sporting federation recognized and subsidized by BLOSO (Belgian Gouvernement), will organize in 2003 the first Senior Games for elderly in Europe.
This event will take place in Ghent – Belgium from Tuesday 22nd until Sunday 27th April 2003.
The objectives of these Senior Games are:
- An international meeting for seniors with the same interests (sports, movement and health)
- A three-day competition between seniors (+50 years old) in 9 sports (jeu-de-boules, bowling, badminton, basketball, swimming, tennis, koersball, curve-bowl, athletics - 6km-run)
- Recreational sport activities: a choice of over 40 different kinds of sports for the elderly
- Dance programme: a three-day dance programme.
- A symposium about “Sports, movement and health for seniors in Europe”. We are still looking for experts in this field. These experts can participate for free at this event.
- The creation of a platform of experts around sports, movement and health for the elderly in Europe
- Cultural programme (possibilities to visit Bruges, Ghent and Brussels) at April 26th 2003.
We would like to invite all members of your organisation. We would like to make from this event a platform where older people from different countries can meet and can compete with each other and where they can participate in all kind of sports.
Belgium will organize this event in 2003 but of course other countries can follow in the following years. We would appreciate other countries to join us.
The price to participate in the three-day competition is only 10 euro (T-shirt Senior Games included). Those who prefer recreational sports only pay 5 euro.
For a complete arrangement, inclusive hotel and meals, we can arrange a stay for just 300 euro for 6 days (total package). Travel expenses at own costs. On the basis of 20 participants complete arrangement, one person (coach) can participate for free. Of course everybody is free to arrange a stay in Ghent for himself.
We hope that you will join us in this event and that we can meet each other in Ghent at the first European Senior Games 2003.
Wouter Delbroek Lieve De Schrijver
For some reason the worl championship in petanque is held in the buzzling metroloplis of Tahiti this year! So pack your swimwear and go there at once!
Finally petanque has found a new home, as a bar game! Althought it might take a few years befor the darts-boards get the boot and petanque moves in everywhere it has started to happen
The Financial times has finally understood that Petanque is the game of the future, with our long time friend Mike Pegg, International umpire. "It may not be the sunny south of France but even on a chilly Devon day, British fans are warming to the charms of pétanque"
This is a product we have mentioned earlier, just because it is sooooo French. A Tour de France petanque-set! This is more French than a baguette!
We stumbled across a petanque-game for the andoid-system. From the produces description:"Petanque in St Tropez is a 3D bowls game, as played on the mediterannean coast." We do not have an android-phone to test it on, perhaps one of you can help us out?
The world wide petanque and boule community, by and for users.